Monday, December 29, 2008

Bonefish Grill


I might have been the last person in the Lehigh Valley to go to Bonefish Grill (901 Lehigh Valley Mall)! We have thought about it a few times but they're not open for lunch, and we're not usually in Whitehall at night. When I showed up at 7 to meet my friend Lori for a snack and a drink, I had to stalk someone for a parking space, and there was an hour wait - on a MONDAY! I knew there must be something special about this place.

I also bumped into Krista and Pedro, who were there to use their gift certificate, and we stealthily snagged four seats at the bar. They even knew the bartender. They might be the unofficial mayors of the Lehigh Valley. :)

I digress - meanwhile, Lori was driving around Macarthur Rd, texting that there was an hour wait at just about all the miserable chain joints as well. We finally met up back at Bonefish. Sigh!

We both ordered glasses of wine; the Robert Mondavi Private Select Cabernet Sauvignon for me, Blue Moon Riesling for her. The featured wine list by-the-bottle was impressive.

The menu is fairly extensive, and features a number of fish which you can pair with a sauce and sides of your choice. Lori had the Ahi tuna sashimi, sesame seared, sliced with wasabi and pickled ginger. I ordered a dorado (mahi mahi) sandwich, grilled Cajun Style and served with chips on the side. Both dishes used a tasty spicy aioli "special" sauce. We split the tab and it came to about $25/pp.

Check out the full menu here.

I meant to take a photo of the interior and especially Krista's to-go box, which featured a little hand-drawn "bonefish" cartoon and note from our server. I'll definitely go back again, though probably at off-hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment