Friday, January 02, 2009

Ocean


Colleen and I usually see a lot of each other during the summer because we golf together (or rather, she golfs, I swing the club and pray it hits the ball, bonus if the ball moves forward - we are damn cute in our golf skirts though). We resolved to get together since we both had the day off, so I buzzed over to Easton to meet her for lunch.

She suggested Ocean (235 Ferry St. Easton), and I replied, are they open for lunch now? Yes - she informed me, Chip, the manager, recently bought out Mick Acquaviva (who still owns River Grille around the corner) and is now open for lunch. The restaurant is modern - just beautifully done - clean lines and a variety of seating options. There were a few other people in the restaurant, including Martye Cohen.

The "new to us" lunch menu offers a bunch of sandwiches, panninis (don't know why there's an extra "n" but that's how they spelled it on the menu), and salads. And it's cheap! Just 6 bucks for my Ocean Panini with Honey Roasted Ham, Sliced Bartlet Pears, and Brie Cheese. I ordered the Ocean salad too, which is a simple mix of Baby Greens, Walnuts, Apples, Honey Balsamic Dressing. (I asked them to leave out the Gorgonzola cheese.)


After Colleen ordered her Portobello pannini she remarked that she had not been there in two years, and I realized that it may have been that long for me, too. For no good reason - we loved Ocean's monthly wine dinner (thanks for the introduction, Melissa & Brian!) and have been there for cocktails a couple of times. There's a funky lounge in the basement where DJs spin kind of late, a place for people who have outgrown Drinky's. When we are hungry in Easton we tend to gravitate to Sette Luna, which I'm sure I'll write about soon. With two sodas, two huge panninis with chips on the side, and a side salad, our bill came to less than $20.00. Yeah, I'll be back, I was checking out their fabulous wine list. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment