Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fantastic First Friday

When I stopped by TC Salon and Spa recently, I saw a flyer for Fantastic Friday at the Main Street Commons Shoppes (aka the building Bethlehem Brew Works is in). I was already thinking about First Friday, so I took it with me.

This Friday, 2/6, Girlfriends Boutique is featuring a fashion show including Valentine's Day Lingerie (!) and a fundraiser mixer at Brew Works featuring Hor'deouvers (sic), Entertainment and Door Prizes.

hors d'oeuvres is French, and hard to remember how to spell, but here's a tip a caterer gave me back in the day: The last four letters backwards are s-e-r-v-u. So the dirty memory trick is: "Whores do serv-u backwards." I don't know what the explanation for the first e or the apostrophe is, but there you go! I say, if you don't know how to spell it, just say snacks!


Proceeds from the charity auction, and ticket sales ($20) cover benefit Muscular Dystrophy Research. For tickets and more info: http://www.thebrewworks.com/. If you're out and about in Bethlehem, might as well check out First Friday on the South Side - why yes, First Friday does happen year-round! The list of businesses and their activities on the First Friday web site is a virtual must-visit list for those of us on a mission to support local businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment