Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bethlehem Public Library

Mom and Dad aren't going to believe this, but I don't have a library card. Since we moved to Bethlehem, I have munched on a gyro on the steps during Musikfest, driven by on the way to South Bethlehem, and donated a few boxes of books and CDs, but I have never taken the time to join the library and borrow a book. This is shocking, considering I'm the same person who would frequently "sneak" Beverly Cleary under the covers with a flashlight after bedtime.

#1 good reason: time. I didn't have much (until recently). #2 good reason: Mom and my favorite SIL Aimee give me enough good fiction/novels to fill my nightstand and for plane trips. I buy my own nonfiction primarily, so I'm usually working on a few books at the same time and always have a backlog.

I have been curious to see what's going on at the library, and an article in The Morning Call and a subsequent blog from Bryan at A Voice in the Valley reminded me again. So in order hold myself accountable, I post now and promise to report. Is anyone else a reformed library dropout?

No comments:

Post a Comment