Monday, March 16, 2009

Rios Brazilian Steak House

Guest blogger alert!! Thank you for letting me add one of my own fun local adventures to the blog!

After I spent a great day with the girls traveling the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail for March Madness, my parents came to visit me and Brad at our new apartment in Nazareth on Saturday night. To give them a little local flavor, we walked to the newest hot spot: Rios Brazilian Steak House. This little gem (it is small - be sure to call ahead for reservations!) is located in the old Broad Street Tavern on, you guessed it, Broad Street in Nazareth (127 South Broad Street). The restaurant has been open for about a year now and is run by two Brazilian couples and their families. Rios offers a very unique and authentically Brazilian barbecue experience, also known as the churrasco.

Rather than an al a carte menu, dining is all-you-can-eat, so come hungry! A buffet provides salads and sides like rice and beans, pickled vegetables and more, and meat runners constantly circle the restaurant with skewers, bringing diners choice cuts including beef ribs, pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon, chicken legs and much (MUCH) more. Every night chefs prepare at least five to ten different cuts of meat on the huge grill located at the front of the restaurant.

It was great watching Brad's eyes light up every time a new skewer passed our table. I'd also recommend the Brazilian style sangria, which definitely helps quench your thirst after all the meat! For four dinners, plus sangria and a round of coffee, the bill totaled about $120, but we were not hungry for days!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome guest blogger! We tried Rios but the meat was so gristly and fatty that we won't go back. Did you like the meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that not every cut was perfect, but for the most part we enjoyed the meal. I think between the four of us we tried everything they had available, and I can only remember one item no one was thrilled with. I'd definitely try again before throwing in the towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when it was Al's Front Porch!

    ReplyDelete