Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rita's Italian Ice


I thought I might be seeing things as I drove down Union Boulevard, but oh yes, my Rita's is open for business (at least in some places in Hellertown and Allentown). Channel 69 confirmed it.

Rita's was one of the retail establishments that the Lehigh Valley had that DC didn't (or at least not accessible by public transportation or anywhere close to the city). Sign of the Carpenter (RIP) was the other. When I lived in DC, a visit to the Valley always included a visit to these places. Now that we live here, of course we miss what DC had that we don't have here (Chipotle, DSW, Trader Joe's, Best Cellars, and Caribou Coffee... not to mention about 100 indie stores and service providers). I understand that to be a local Rita's franchise operator is to have winters off, make people smile, and haul in serious bank. Anyone know a franchisee; is it all it's cracked up to be?
Check out Rita's web site for a countdown to the first day of spring!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that for absolutely no discernible reason I have forever boycotted Rita's. I haven't been there in at least 7 years and won't ever go back. It had nothing to do with Rita's I just felt like taking a stand against it.....for no reason.

    ReplyDelete