Monday, October 19, 2009

My Boy's Baking

I was running an errand for a client and stopped by My Boy's Baking (196 Nazareth Pike, "Bethlehem" - just north of 22 on Route 191). I had heard that Rachael Ray was a fan, but I hadn't stopped in, since their bakery hours are 10-5, M-F. I had seen this sign many times:

...but this time I actually pulled into the parking lot.


The outside may not look like much, but the inside smells like... heaven. Bright and clean, there's no place to "eat in" - probably dangerous for those of us with a sweet tooth anyway. A ton of colorful baskets, trays and plates were displayed, just waiting to be loaded up with freshly-baked goodies. I picked up a box of cookies to take back to my client and a few fliers. The chocolate chip-toffee cookies were still warm and I am salivating even as I type this the next day.



If you order a pound, you get a box with this many cookies (minus the two I ate in the car on the way home - oops) for $11.

Visiting their web site reminded me of another great way local businesses diversify. I'll bet they get a lot of online orders from biscotti and rugalach fanatics, especially now since Rach has introduced them to the world, but locals should know about MBB too!

1 comment: