Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dan's Camera City

This weekend I'm headed to the shore with two old (ahem... long-time) friends and their daughters, and my sister. We'll be catching up and reminiscing, sharing and making memories, I'm sure.

When we started planning the weekend a while back, I remembered that when we were kids (around age 12) we made a bunch of home movies of ourselves goofing around. One of us is a naturally funny person with comedic timing. The other two (myself included) are just awkward, and that's funny. Our music videos in Jacobsburg Park, surprise birthday parties for everyone's birthdays, and early '90s hairdos and outfits are too cute for words. Sadly, the VHS tapes are in bad shape. We watched them a lot back then, and they've been passed from friend to friend like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

I wanted to get the VHS tapes copied onto DVDs for all of us to enjoy at the beach together, and I knew exactly the place to go: Dan's Camera City (1439 W. Fairmont St., Allentown). They have done such an outstanding job over the years with our camera equipment and prints, and we receive amazing service every time we're in the store.

I don't own a VCR anymore, so I had no idea what was on the tapes. I dropped them off on Friday, and received a call from Lori at Dan's earlier in the week letting me know that one of the tapes was longer than 2 hours, and did I want to come in and look at it, in case I wanted a second DVD made from the rest of the tape? Unfortunately, the only DVD player was in the digi-lounge, so the other dozen or so patrons got a little show (blush). I did keep the audio muted, but our antics and colorful clothing and makeup did attract some attention. I found what I was looking for and slinked back to the front counter, where Heather patiently explained all my options.

I picked up the DVDs today, and they look great. Converting the first tape was $29.99 and additional copies were $19.99, but the results are PRICELESS.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! How awesome! I am sure they look so cool! I need to do that with my Super 8 camera...I have some great stuff from college.

    ReplyDelete