Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Voracious Deli, Firehouse, Olio, Movies at the Mill, and more

Not too long ago, when I was working in downtown Bethlehem, I stopped in at Voracious Deli for a sandwich to go. I chatted with the owner for a few minutes as he was wrapping up my sandwich. They do off-site catering and a brisk lunch business.
Some other updates:
  • The Firehouse (217 Broadway, Southside Bethlehem) is opening soon. I was impressed by their use of social media to spread the word...a banner outside instructs you to "Text the word FIRE to 83361 to become a member of the VIP text list."
  • Olio Trattoria in the space of the former Bonte Cafe (553 Main Street, Bethlehem) is slated to open "late summer 2009." I walked by the storefront today, and it's still covered up. The Italian restaurant is a project by Sal Biundo - yes, the same Sal Biundo who ran Bacio in Allentown, and current operates Ciao Baby Cafe in Quakertown. Busy guy. The restaurant (smartly) had a stand in front of the restaurant during Musikfest.
  • Save the date: There will be a truly special event going on in Easton on October 9. My colleagues working on the Simon Silk Mill project announced "Movies at the Mill" last week.
  • You might be seeing Lehigh Valley Transplant in a couple of new places... we've been invited to guest-blog for Lehigh Valley InSite, and to write a column for Lehigh Valley Style.
  • We're heading to Emeril's tonight to celebrate my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment