November's First Monday (on November 2) will be held at Made In Brazil, the restaurant that will be opening soon inside the Holiday Inn (9th & Hamilton Sts., Allentown).
Once it's open, Allentown will be able to boast that it has one of nine churrascarias in the state of PA. Stop by between 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. to preview the restaurant, and to sample Brazilian foods and drinks.
When I was looking for the link, I found the Allentown City calendar of events. I was impressed by the diversity of everything that is going on mid-week. Next Wednesday night after work, you could:
- Learn what encaustic painting is by visiting Lee Leckey's “Layers” exhibition in the Cressman Library Gallery at Cedar Crest College
- See A Serious Man at Civic's 19th Street Theatre
- Enjoy Wacky Wednesday Bowling Night at AMF Legends and Parkway Lanes for $1.00
- Meet other people interested in Downtown Allentown at Over the Hump Wednesdays at Allentown Brew Works (the Leadership Lehigh Valley alumni will be meeting up there that night as well)
- Attend a panel discussion on the 2010 Census at Muhlenberg College
- Be a smarty pants at Trivia Night at Jack Callaghan's
- Raise funds for United Way by shopping at the Women's Leadership Initiative's Power of the Purse event
That is just ONE NIGHT - a WEDNESDAY - just in Allentown! Visit the Allentown Calendar of Events for more information, and get out there.