Friday, December 18, 2009

Potbelly


I read this week in Retail Watch about Potbelly Sandwich Works looking into opening franchise locations in the Lehigh Valley. If you have never been to a Potbelly, let me tell you from experience, they serve up some tasty sandwiches and milkshakes.

From their web site:
Potbelly started in 1977 when a little antique store on Lincoln Avenue in
Chicago started selling toasted sandwiches (right along with vintage stoves, old
books and other knick knacks) to boost business.
Besides toasted sandwiches, they also offer chili and salads. But my favorites are the freshly-baked cookies, hand-dipped milkshakes with a cute little butter cookie on the straw, and to-die-for ice cream sandwiches. Potbelly restaurants are unique in that they always feature antiques in their decor, especially potbelly stoves, but they also offer live musical entertainment, every day, all day long. In small stores, like the one near my office in DC (14th St. & NY Ave.), the artists actually perform above the line of people that inevitably formed below. Once or twice I thought there was recorded music playing, until I saw the artist climb down a ladder next to us.

Has anyone else experienced Potbelly, and what do you think? Is there room for a Potbelly here in the Lehigh Valley?

2 comments:

  1. I looooove Potbelly's sandwiches. Always a treat when I get to go to one while traveling. Would be really nice to see one in the Valley.

    I could see a Potbelly fitting in nicely at the Promenade Shops or lifestyle center at the LV Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have a Potbelly. I loved the Potbelly that was on my college campus when I was a student. Yummy sandwiches and the chili is great! I agree with Joel and think it would fit nicely at LV Mall. However, to be honest, it would be nice to have another restaurant that is less pricey at the Promenade.

    ReplyDelete