Thursday, March 11, 2010

Running in the Lehigh Valley

I participated in a triathlon relay race a year and a half ago. My teammates and the rest of the athletes at the Marshman Triathlon really inspired me. So with the assistance of my trainer Becca, I am attempting to train for a triathlon race on my own.

My road bike is from Action Wheels Bike Shop (530 West Broad St., Bethlehem). John, the guy who sold it to me and has given me some really good advice, now owns a shop on the South Side of Bethlehem, Cutters (418 E. Third St.), and I recently paid him a visit to get a spring tuneup and get a long-sleeved jersey.

My awesome running shoes and accessories (I'm a girl) are from Aardvark Sports Shop (571 Main St. Bethlehem). Santa brought me a Garmin watch. Being able to graph the data from my run sometimes is the only thing that gets me out the door (and running that last half-mile). No cheating! I looked up the Lehigh Valley Road Runners recently. I remembered that they hold monthly 5K races at the Lehigh Parkway in Allentown during the summer, and I might sign up this year. I've also been getting some good information from Jill's blog posts on Lehigh Valley Running Scene.

I have yet to start my swimming training but am open to suggestions. I hear the Swim-In Zone (Saucon Creek Road, Center Valley) and Bethlehem Township Community Center (2900 Farmersville Rd. Bethlehem) both offer triathlon training support.

Wish me luck! Please share your words of wisdom or encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment