Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Earth in Coopersburg

Thanks to the sandwich board that touted "snacks for trips" and ice cream, I noticed Good Earth Grains & Creamery (23 S. Main St., Coopersburg) while I was on my way to meet Court for lunch yesterday at The Brick Tavern Inn (2460 Old Bethlehem Pike, Quakertown).

Good Earth Grains & Creamery is an old time country store located inside the former Fluck's Hardware Store. Good Earth carries a wide variety of pre-packaged traditional & organic bulk foods and is HEAVEN for anyone with a gluten intolerance. (See below for half of the gluten products on display today). For the rest of us, there are Emmaus Bakery pastries and doughnuts as big as your face.


Good Earth also serves 32 flavors of Nelson's old fashioned hand-dipped ice cream. I got a regular cup with a scoop of "espresso explosion" and a scoop of coconut almond joy.

While I was on a coconut kick, I picked up a bag of coconut macaroon mix, mandarin orange poppyseed dip/dressing mix, and a bag of whole wheat apple cinnamon bars for snacks. I don't often cruise down Main Street in Coopersburg, but if I need something before the next time I'm in the neighborhood, I can order online! Before you go, check out the virtual tour on their web site.

Every borough deserves a Good Earth! Does your municipality have a gem like Good Earth? And if you live in Coopersburg, do you love this place?

1 comment:

  1. They just opened one last week 3 doors down from our office in east greenville too. Great little place

    ReplyDelete