Monday, September 27, 2010

New initiative/organization - Beer Run

Some of my fellow transplants complain that they haven't found their "people" or an organization similar to one they enjoyed where they used to live.

I've got to hand it to Cara Crumbliss - inspired by a club she participated in elsewhere, she took the bull by the horns and created a running club for people who like to drink socially.

She even created a mission statement!
BEER RUN CLUB GOALS
To welcome and encourage all fitness levels
To incorporate the art of beer drinking into your fitness goals
To explore the Lehigh Valley's running paths and watering holes
To promote the responsible consumption of beer
To create a fun and safe community of fellow beer & running lovers
The group has met twice already. The next BEERRUN is this Wednesday, September 29, at 7:30 pm. To join the group, meet in the hall outside Aardvark Sports Shop at the Main Street Commons, at Main and Broad Streets in Bethlehem. The group will run approximately 3.5 miles through Bethlehem, then enjoy post run libations at Bethlehem Brew Works... $2 Wits and Trivia!

1 comment:

  1. Hi:) I'm a fellow transplant as well (via Philadelphia). It's nice to know there is someone else out there who is trying to find things to do around here, too. I shared your link for this post on my blog www.lehighvalleymomma.com . Mostly I blog about deals/coupons but I also post about different places to go/things to do here in the valley. I saw you as a follower on my Twitter thought I would drop in and say hi!

    ReplyDelete