Friday, December 03, 2010

Favorite thing: The Live Advent Calendar

A new holiday tradition in Downtown Bethlehem is the Advent Calendar opening on Main Street. Each day promptly at 5pm, the Goundie House Door (501 Main St, Bethlehem PA) opens and a surprise for the crowd will come out of the door each night! Performances, prizes, snacks, discounts... every night is something new.

I missed it last night... I was downtown for the Network of Young Professionals happy hour at Tika's, but I didn't make it in time. I did manage to sneak into the Moravian Book Shop to pick up a few gifts, including the newest Witold Rybczynski book for an urbanist in my life:



An ornament to commemorate adopting a rescue dog this year (it's technically a border collie, but it looks a lot like our Australian shepherd "mix"):



And a jar of Stonewall Kitchen cranberry horseradish sauce for someone I know who has a slight obsession with horseradish:


I received Stonewall Kitchen's catalog in the mail and searched the company's online site for local vendors. It was $1 more at the Book Shop, but I didn't pay shipping fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment