Monday, January 24, 2011

Perfect weekend

Perfect weekend =

Friday happy hour after work, wine and apps at Edge Restaurant with friends. No Coors Light girls or loud music, always a cozy place to sit, a tasty 50% off appetizer menu, and a vibe just right for a low-key Friday night. + Validated parking -> sweet.

Saturday, Corinne and her girls visited, I saw my sister and my parents, and we cheered on Tristen in a youth soccer game inside the Iron Lakes Sports Dome in North Whitehall Township (it looks like a huge igloo from the outside!). After a stop at Westgate Pizza and Abe's Six Pack, we settled in for a laid back night with friends at home.

Sunday, a good workout at West End Yoga in Allentown with Lindsay - thanks, Leah! Then this hockey/football widow spent the afternoon in Bethlehem with Molly. After lunch at Brew Works, we browsed at Sophistikate, Shuze and Seasons Olive Oil and Vinegar Tap Room, all on Main Street. At Seasons, Molly picked up a loaf of French bread for $3 from The Flour Shop - thus ending my search for fresh bread in Bethlehem. They also have some new entertaining goodies, including a brie baker and baked brie topping that I'll keep in mind for gifts. After we parted ways, I stopped in at Aardvark Sports to get some good wool running socks, on the recommendation of my friend Nancy, who I saw last Friday at the Lehigh Valley Running Scene happy hour. And finally, I visited Bone Appetit Bakery, a tiny store inside Main Street Commons with yummy dog treats and gifts. I met Rugby, the owners' adorable Australian shepherd and gave him a good scratch, then got a funny look from Stella, my Aussie mix, when I got home. Wish I'd taken a picture - you'll just have to visit to meet Rugby for yourself!

After the weekly chores and household bill-paying were finished, I booked a trip to California to visit two dear family friends - it is 70 degrees and sunny where they live today. Since it was five degrees in my car this morning, I am happy to have something to look forward to!

How was your weekend? Did you discover anything awesome in the Lehigh Valley?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/24/2011

    Thanks for the shout out Megan!!!! You make the ride over there fun!

    ReplyDelete