Friday, January 14, 2011

Sunny came home... to Bethlehem

My heart is singing. Singer-songwriter, and old fave of mine, Shawn Colvin, is one of the first acts booked at the new SteelStacks Center in Bethlehem. Tickets for all their shows will go on sale to the public on Feb. 18 (ArtsQuest members, Feb. 16). I know what I'm doing on June 4!

Here are the rest of the shows that have been announced to date:
Steve Miller Band - April 30
Jon Anderson - May 2
Dr. Dog - May 6
Leo Kottke - May 7
Mike Doughty - May 14
The Last Roundup: The Radiators Farewell Tour - May 18
dala - May 20
Scythian - May 21
Leon Redbone - May 27
Béla Fleck & The Original Flecktones - June 1
Ana Popovic & Guitar Shorty - June 2
"ShowDown at SteelStacks" with David Parker and The Bang Group - June 11
The Machine - July 8

4 comments:

  1. If they book all of these who is left for Musikfest? I am exited about this event space but booking someone kind of current would not kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say Dr. Dog is pretty current. But starting out they probably want to bring a few known entities, then more people will see it early on. I'm not too familiar with most of the other artis so I have no idea whether they're current!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/18/2011

    Dr. Dog, Mike Doughty and Dala are all very "current." Just b/c you don't know who they are doesn't make them bad shows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, my comment was in reply to Donald's note about Musikfest booking "someone kind of current" not being a bad thing, and acknowledging my own ignorance of most of the artists booked.

    Looking forward to discovering new music via Steelstacks, as I did when I lived in DC and saw live music all the time at places like 930 Club, Black Cat, and Wolf Trap.

    ReplyDelete