Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What is co-working and why should I care?

There was recently an update on Allentown Good News blog on something I'm calling The Little Project That Could (Be a Really Big Deal): Hive 4A.

Matt invited me to the first open house but I had a scheduling conflict. Wish I could have been there to see the smiling faces of the pioneer hipsters who said yeah, we are open to new ideas, we might be willing to invest a little dough in a project that could benefit me and other young professionals, the city, and the regional entrepreneurial community.

Even if this doesn't describe you (or describe your situation right now), you'd be wise to learn about it. If "working from home" was the work/life trend in the 2000's, co-working is what's going to be hot in our next decade, and one project is already developing in Allentown.

Coworking is a movement to create a community of cafe-like collaboration spaces
for developers, writers and independents." - source: co-working community blog

So Lehigh Valley Starbucks fans, lucky you. There might be more places to sit once this thing gets off the ground.

If you're not hip to co-working, I wasn't either. I'd encourage you to follow @allentownedc on Twitter and/or the Allentown Good News Blog and stay in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment