Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Lehigh Valley Transplant!

I started this blog in the spring of 2007 because Alyssa encouraged me. Mom and Alyssa were my only readers for a while. Four years later:

  • I've written a bi-monthly column in Lehigh Valley Style for a year and a half.

  • I tweet. And people tweet back! Sometimes I meet them IRL (In Real Life) at Tweetups.

  • On Niki's recommendation, I made a Facebook fan page, and I don't know half of the fans personally.

  • I was a guest on Lehigh Valley Discourse on WDIY, where Sally Handlon invited me to share my thoughts about life in the Lehigh Valley from a transplant perspective.

  • I'm being featured in the next Laini's Little Pocket Guide to Bethlehem, alongside some amazing independent media and marketing gurus.

  • I'm scheduled to lead a walking tour of downtown Easton for Northampton Community College in May. Lynn Teles has been an amazing supporter.

  • And finally, I was been voted as one of the Lehigh Valley's Best Blogs on The Morning Call web site. Remarkably, in the "Misfits" category, and the other winners are some of the most talented, funny, passionate writers I know.
All of this would not be possible without your support - voters, frequent commenters, lurkers, off-blog emailers, business contacts, old friends (some of whom don't even live in Pennsylvania!), readers that became friends, and of course, family and friends that feel like family. I love you guys. Thank you for supporting the little blog that became a "thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment