Friday, April 01, 2011

LV Transplant wins "Best of the Blogs" award



I'm sorry that I couldn't make this year's award party, but I appreciated the late-night recap at Bethlehem Brew Works from fellow winners Andrew Kleiner of Remember and Jon Geeting of Lehigh Valley Independent, Twitter goddess Hillary Kwiatek, and Morning Call writers Jenna Portnoy and Chris Baxter. If you were at Brew Works, we were the wonks animatedly discussing Gracedale and Trader Joe's.

I was tickled pink that my two nominations, Lehigh Valley Running Scene and Lehigh Valley Momma, won in their respective categories. I think that they are awesome! That Jill took the overall crown was no surprise to me. She has developed a great following by providing timely updates and useful, original content including nutrition tips, gear reviews, and events. Her blog is a great resource for real runners, as well as a wannabe runner like me. Jen's blog about being a stay-at-home-mom, caregiver, and super couponer, is fascinating, entertaining and completely down-to-earth. I always enjoy her recaps of super couponing at the Valley's grocery stores and applaud her efforts to teach others how to do it, too.

Congratulations, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Thank you very kindly for the nomination. Above all else, I think the most important part of this contest is the recognition we have all received by getting our blogs out there for more of the public to see and read. Keep up all of your great work!! Hope to see you around soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on the win! Well deserved! Thanks so much for nominating me and as always your support, too. Thoe words on this post were so kind and brightened up a really tough week for me. I'm really honored to be a winner along with you and all of these other awesome LV bloggers:) I just wish that I could have made the awards and finally got to meet everyone in person! Sending a virtual hug:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, Jen and Chris - congratulations on your wins! Let's celebrate in real life (IRL) soon!

    ReplyDelete