Thursday, September 08, 2011

Activities in the Lehigh Valley, advertised

As much as I love reading the news online, I still subscribe to the paper(s) every day. Since most of my online reading is done via subscribing to specific RSS feeds, I have a customized online newspaper of sorts in my Google Reader every day. Just the writers I want to read, and the topics I want to read about. And no ads.

When I am holding newsprint in my hands, I actually look at the ads. I noticed these advertisements in the last week and thought they were worth sharing. Enjoy!


Most Valuable Players, a documentary film centered around the State Theatre’s 2008 Freddy Awards (the Tonys of local high school musical theater), is airing tonight on OWN, September 8, at 9 p.m. We don't have fancy cable, so we don't get OWN. Hoping it will be shown at SteelStacks Cinema or the South Side Film Festival. (TV)

The 25th annual Easton Jazz Festival is this Friday night, September 9, at 8 p.m. at Lafayette College. Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer Group is playing. Tickets $20. (It makes me crazy when ads don’t include a web page URL. Despite their best efforts to hide it, I found it anyway.) (Easton)

Penn State Lehigh Valley is offering noncredit art classes for the first time, including drawing, photography, jewelry making and collage. Noncredit classes are taught by college faculty. Classes start the week of September 18. This would be a great way to meet like minded people… just sayin’. (Center Valley)

PBS Channel 39 is hosting a grand opening at its new public media and education center on the SteelStacks campus this Saturday (September 10). There’s a family fun bike ride, free concerts, and a “celebrity” Scholastic Scrimmage event. It might be kind of crazy down there since the Via 5K Walk starts at SteelStacks, at 9 a.m., too - family-friendly crowds guaranteed. (South Side Bethlehem)






No comments:

Post a Comment