Friday, November 11, 2011

Lehigh Valley Chorus of Sweet Adelines: The Sing-Off, Lehigh Valley-style

I met Michele because she had the good sense to join Junior League. She also happens to be a member of the same amazing collegiate sorority as I am - from Texas State, no less - and is a very talented singer (which I am not). I am in awe of musicians like her and my other friend Courtney, who are a capella goddesses, and of course the kids on The Sing-Off.
The Lehigh Valley Chorus of Sweet Adelines International will present its annual show, A Cappella A la Carte, at 7:30 PM on Saturday, November 12, at the Allentown Jewish Community Center’s Kline Auditorium, 702 North 22nd Street in Allentown, PA. Doors open at 7 PM.
We’ll be featuring music that spans every generation, including pop, swing, show tunes and ballads – all in a cabaret setting with refreshments and cash bar for wine and soft drinks. The Lehigh Valley Gay Men’s Chorus and the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Performing Arts Women’s Choir will join us as guest performers.
Show tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door, and $12 for children 12 and under. For more information, directions to the venue or to purchase advance tickets online, visit LVC’s website. You may also call 908-859-5796 or send an email.
Michele joined The Lehigh Valley Chorus when she moved to the area, and she let me know that the group has its yearly show this weekend, and it promises to be a great evening. She adds:
Also, for anyone interested in joining the chorus, I can attest that the ladies of the group are some of the sweetest and most supportive people I've ever met. Makes it easy for new members to fit right in. I'm still considered a guest singer but hope to audition formally very soon. I'll be performing in one song at the show.
Autographs are $5. Break a leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment