Westgate is not as glamorous as the Promenade Shops is - no Starbucks or fountains here - but the Bon-Ton department store is just fine, and Westgate Pizza is one of our favorites. It also has a store that repairs vacuum cleaners and sewing machines, and a drive through coffee trailer in the parking lot(Mocha Mike's - beloved by soccer and baseball moms taking their kids to the Bethlehem Municipal fields for games as well as commuters).
Now it's the first Lehigh Valley mall to open a year-round farmers' market! Westgate Mall Indoor Outdoor Farmer's Market opened today with much fanfare - including a visit from US Congressman Charlie Dent. It will be open every Wednesday from noon until 7 p.m.
Here's a partial list of vendors:
- Valley View Farms products
- Hereford Country Store - Gourmet Quiches, Veggie Tarts and Old Fashion Baked Goods
- The Popcorn Pit - freshly made Gourmet Popcorn
- Jett Produce - year-long chemical free greens, holiday wreaths, fresh grain fed turkeys
- Y Knot Alpacas Alpaca gloves, socks and soaps
- Verba Farms - Fruit baskets, eggs, produce
- The Phillips Company - specialty and holiday flags
- Hair Accessories plus Uniques - Uniques hair clips and accessories
- Apple Ridge Farms - Featuring Brick Oven Bread & Produce
- Easton Salsa Company - Salski/Salsa
- Christine's Secret Garden - fine teas and tea pots
- Blondies - designer cupcakes, haluski, tomatoe mac & cheese and pierogie casserole
- Hum-Dinger Alpacas - yes, more alpacas! - alpaca fiber products, both handspun/handknit, and commercially processed