Thursday, July 26, 2012

New-ish bloggers you should be reading

It's been a while since I've given a shout-out to a few bloggers I read and enjoy. I don't always have time to comment, but I read them regularly using my Google Reader. (No, Google is not a sponsor, but it's my second-favorite piece of technology next to my cell phone.)

Sprinkle Your Senses - My friend Niki is adorable, and after you read her blog, I think you'll agree. Whether she's recommending a new fashion trend (neon!), raving about her favorite frozen yogurt places, or talking about food and wine, she is always upbeat and full of great ideas.

Dadastrophic - A mashup of "Dad" and "catastrophic," this blog has me in stitches over our friends Chris and Erica's journey to parenthood. Being a few steps ahead of them in our own journey gives me the benefit of a few months' hindsight, which makes the reading that much more fun (Oh! I remember when we thought that, too, etc.). I've known Chris since high school, and his wife Erica is an absolute sweetie. You might recognize Chris from one of his million jobs that have him in the limelight... radio, emceeing gigs, and bouncing around the Lehigh Valley scene. You might know Erica as one of the Real Housewives of the Lehigh Valley on WLEV.

Not local, but: Dear Photograph - I first heard about the blog on NPR's Morning Edition. "You may have heard of Dear Photograph, a website that invites readers to submit photos of photos — images from the past, set in the present." Nostalgic, poignant, sometimes funny or sad, but definitely worth reading. I'm trying to decide what photograph I'd photograph.

Who are your favorite bloggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment