Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ethiopian food in the Lehigh Valley

Finally... Ethiopian food in the Lehigh Valley! Mariam's at 446 N.7th St Allentown. Injera & wat, I have missed you!

When I lived in DC, a neighborhood called Adams Morgan boasted more than one Ethiopian restaurant (and an Eritrean restaurant, and a Ghanian restaurant...so spoiled). Friends would gather on a weekend night at Meskerem (or one of the other places) to sit around a huge tray. We'd break off pieces of injera and scoop up different kinds of with it. No utensils, lots of vegetarian options and tea. We'd stop short of the tradition of feeding one another, though. :) 

I feel like rallying a small group of friends to share the feast - "family-style" the best way to enjoy Ethiopian IMHO. If you love Ethiopian cuisine or even if you have never tried it before. Who's in, after flu season is over? 

Call (484) 661-5000 for reservations and information.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/18/2013

    Is there a phone number available for the restaurant? I'd like to call and ask for opening hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, do you have a link or anything? Mariam's doesn't come up in a Google Search.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just updated the post to include a link to their Yelp review page (created by my friend Matt - go figure) and a phone number... happy eating! And let me know how it is if you make it over before I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/04/2013

    I remember the Adams Morgan Ethiopian places! (Fellow DC transplant here.) Thanks for the heads up on Mariam's.

    ReplyDelete