Monday, May 27, 2013

A couple of blog posts I wish I'd written

It's been a while since I've given a shout-out to some of my favorite bloggers. It's inspiring to read their work and I'm happy to learn about new things happening in the Lehigh Valley through their blogs.

Taste as You Go - Yes, I make a cameo in this one, but I didn't write about it. Michelle Rittler is the brains and the beauty behind this blog, which is one part cooking, one part exploring, two parts great writing. I also adore Olive Branch and need to go there more often. Their fatush salad is my favorite!  "Olive Branch Restaurant - Bethlehem, PA"

The Easton Eccentric - Christina Georgiou covers Easton news that you often won't find anywhere else. In this post, she introduces a new restaurant in Easton's collection. Brazilian BBQ is catching on in the Valley, and it is 100% due to the efforts of the DeMattoses. I will be in Easton for lunch this week, at Mesa, not Batuque. But I will definitely give it a slooow drive-by while I'm downtown.  "Easton's Newest Restaurant, Batuque, Offers Authentic Brazillian BBQ"

ArtsLehigh - Happy news concerning $75K in NEA grants to ArtsQuest, Touchstone Theatre, and the Bach Choir of Bethlehem. Sure didn't see this on the front page of MCall - it was tucked into the last two paragraphs of John Moser's piece on the RiverJazz Festival. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Silagh! "National Endowment for the Arts Grants in Bethlehem, PA"e

Liz in the LV - Bride-to-be Liz, born in Scranton-lived in NY, opens her heart and her laptop, writing an old-school journal blog that leaves me wondering what will happen next in her life and wishing we could meet for coffee. (All posts)

Valley 610 - Still my favorite MCall column. Emily Opilo discovered that Allentown is considered "flirty" among conservative cities. Her story concludes: "So there you go, you saucy minxes. You're all a bunch of crazy, albeit conservative, flirts. Now quit winking at strangers online and get back to work."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing my Olive Branch review, Megan! Hope we can get together for lunch again soon :)

    ReplyDelete