Monday, June 17, 2013

Computer Troubleshooters Bethlehem

I knew my laptop computer wasn't always so slow, but I sort of got used to it. Sort of. I admit that I kept it on a lot, to avoid the long time it took to boot up. Okay, I had been a little lax about maintenance. I had recently purchased Windows 8 and a newer version of Microsoft Office, but I hadn't gotten around to figuring out how to un-install what I had in order to install the new software. I mentioned wanting to get my computer stuff organized to my mom, who as it turns out, won a gift certificate for a tune-up at Computer Troubleshooters (51 E. Elizabeth Ave. Bethlehem), and offered it to me to use.


When I called, they told me just to bring everything in and we'd talk about the best way to move forward. I was afraid they'd tell me I needed to buy a new computer. As it turned out, I didn't need to buy a new computer, but I also couldn't use the gift certificate (boo) - what I needed was to have them install the new software and give my machine a good scrubbing. 

It was ready in a couple of days, and I only needed to download the software for my printer, and the anti-virus software (both updates, which I should have had anyway). It already had iTunes, and all my internet bookmarks, files and photos.

They recommended coming back in a year to use the gift certificate for a tune-up (just like I do for my car! brilliant), and I may have them set up my wireless printer in the meantime. The "store" in Bethlehem (near Liberty High School and Jumbar's) is open M-F, 9-5, but technicians are available for appointments almost anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment