Thursday, September 12, 2013

Jury Duty

When I lived in DC, I received a summons for jury duty at least once a year. I guess there were a lot of courts in DC that needed jury members, and not a lot of registered voters or licensed drivers to cover all the trials going on. 

I didn't always have to serve, but I did get selected for a jury once. It was regarding an automobile crash, two people, and a stoplight with questionable timing. The judge warned us not to drive through the intersection on our way home unless it was on the way. I didn't, but every time I passed through after the trial was over, I checked it out thoroughly and always stopped on yellow. One of the drivers was a big guy with a leather jacket, the other, a sweet looking lady, and the case settled before we could deliberate. 

Despite being a registered voter and also a licensed driver in PA, I have not been called to serve in Lehigh County. I know after writing this blog post, I probably will. 

Has anyone served on a jury in Lehigh County or Northampton County? How was the experience?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/20/2013

    I've been a registered voter since 2006- and I have never been called for local jury duty. However, I was summoned to Federal jury duty in Philadelphia 3 time already. (Twice in one year!) I was in college at the time, and never got selected for a jury.

    ReplyDelete